Friday, July 12, 2013

Tour De Fleece

Each year, during the Tour de France, Spinners around the world challenge themselves to accomplish specific goals during the tour.  I enjoy this yearly ritual, and this year have been focusing on Cotton. I have spun 3 ounces of cotton during the tour and 4 ounces total on my new charkha, and I have been enjoying the learning process. I hope to find a weaver to turn the yarn I am spinning into cloth.















This week I have not been spinning cotton, but I have instead been enjoying spinning a Columbia Cross fleece from Shepherd's Harvest on Andina spindles from Stringtopia. Most enjoyable.
It has been a long while since an update and I apologize, but I have been washing fleece from Shepherd's Harvest, spinning, carding, knitting, sewing, reading, and thinking.  I will endeavor to update more frequently. 

No comments: