Sunday, March 3, 2013

I usually make New Year's resolutions every year, and then discard them or forget them a month or two into the year. I did not make them for 2013, and it seems like that is the better plan, as I am accomplishing more and on track to learn more this year than in many prior years when I had specific resolutions.
I do have a couple of fiber related goals for 2013.

  1. Spin 26 lbs of fiber in 2013. This will spin down my stash and push me through periods when I am blah about spinning. I feel like consistent practice it what hones my skills.
  2. Learn from people. I have signed up for the  Stringtopia Spring String Thing 2013. I learned spinning from books and knitting from my mother and books. There are many many things I do not know, and the first class I ever took was last summer-a rare breed study with Deb Robson which blew my mind. In April I will be learning about Pre-columbian Textiles, Andean Backstrap Weaving, Spindle Techniques:Long Draw and Double Draw, and Itajime dyeing. I am very very excited. 
  3. Learn and Study with an active mind. I have signed up for the Fleece to Finish Fiber Club from the Spinning Loft which will keep me occupied for 12 months. My goal is to sample thoughtfully and really think about what fiber works best with what techniques, and to build up a sample collection which I can use if and when I start teaching. I hope to blog about it, but given my blogging history I cannot promise anything. 
Those are my goals for 2013.

Just for fun, here is a picture of some socks I just finished last night. They are made from Dan's wonderful fiber




No comments: